Freeform Actions Edit
- Buildings: For actions you come up with yourself, you have +(Influence level) dice for all rolls pertinent to having said action performed through the staff at court houses, city hall, and federal and state department buildings.
- People: For actions you come up with yourself, you have +(Influence level) dice for all social rolls against politicians (office holders and candidates of all ranks) and assistants (political advisers, political analysts, lobbyists, campaign managers, etc) unless you are attempting to intimidate someone who is more influential than you are. As a general rule (at ST discretion):
- Influence 1: City district-level politics.
- Influence 2: Politicians answerable to the city manager (citywide but subservient to the mayor), plus the city manager.
- Influence 3: Politicians answerable to the city mayor, plus the city mayor.
- Influence 3 or higher may be required for freeform actions regarding emergency management, airport and seaport operations, public housing and health care services, transportation, environmental services, or solid waste disposal.
- Influence 4: County-level politicians answerable to the County Manager.
- Influence 5: County-level politicians answerable to the Board of County Commissioners; subservient to the County Mayor.
Action Chart Edit
|Action Level||Action Description||Mechanic|
|1||Get archives from political analysts on issues/people||+2 dice to appropriate research/investigation rolls|
|2||Get extensive county courthouse records||+2 dice to appropriate research/investigation rolls|
|2||Get free professional consulting||Get a -1 difficulty for all rolls pertinent to upcoming, politically related action you can anticipate.|
|3||Tamper with politically-related research or campaign materials||+2 dice to rolls related to such, getting caught is still a risk|
|3||Skim off of a fundraiser||Get $500|
|3||Use political columns, interview footage, and someone's campaign staff to get "dirt" on things||-1 DC to appropriate streetwise, social, and investigation rolls performed by yourself or contacts/allies/retainers|
|4||Create fake public records||Help someone get Alternate ID 2 (roll manipulation + politics versus 6).|
|4||Book private service from political consultants and research professionals||-2 DC to appropriate research/investigation rolls, applicable to your friends.|
|4||Abuse department budgeting mistakes and leaks for personal gain||Get $1,000|
|4||Get someone on the Board of Directors of another department||Unlock Influence 2 in another sphere for a month.|
|5||Falsify property records||
Help someone get Alternate ID 4 (automatic), or take legal ownership of a building away from someone (automatic if NPC, if against a player, Manipulation + Politics roll for 3 successes).
|5||Blackmail or pay off an individual to stop what they're doing.||Interrupt or redirect the directly pertinent events of a scene/+job|
|5||Alter public records (but not property records) without risking getting caught.||Alter records without a roll: either nobody or someone else is caught doing it. Gets someone Alternate ID 2 automatically.|
|5||Put the heat on people within a department to work in your favor||Stack this with an Influence action to double its mechanical effects; minimum new DC is 4, maximum additional dice is 5.|
|5||Change the opinions of a major office holder.||Instigate a promotion or demotion of an NPC or contest a player in Charisma + Influence roll to knock their Influence up or down by 1; failure impacts your influence.|